This page does not have a description.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: Hog Creek Farm (Entered by Nora Lea)
A fresh ham roast is not cured or smoked. It is comparable to a beef pot roast but pork instead. It is a little leaner than a pork shoulder roast.
This recipe can be prepared either by roasting in the oven or slow cooking in a crockpot.
Serves: Serves 4-6 plus leftovers
Step by Step Instructions
- 1. Coat the thawed ham roast with a dry rub (I used garlic powder,sea salt, paprika and fresh ground black pepper).
- 2. Put ham in a covered container in the fridge for 4 - 24 hours. The longer it sits with the rub, the more flavors it will absorb.
- 3. Cook covered in a 225 degree oven for 1 hour per pound. (about 145-150 degrees internal temperature).
- 4. Remove from oven, keep cover on and let meat rest for 15-20 minutes.
- **Alternate crockpot method - Cook the roast in the crock pot on low for 7 - 8 hours. I love to add potatoes and carrots in with the roast when I make it in the crockpot. I put it in in the morning and it's ready at dinner time. Super easy!
Comments added by fellow market members.