This page does not have a description.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Creamy Summer Squash Soup
Source: Very loosely adapted from The Food Charlatan's Creamy Zucchini Soup Recipe (Entered by Shalley & David Carrell)
A delicious way to incorporate the health benefits of bone stock while using all the summer squashes! This soup is a smooth and rich summertime treat.
3 T butter
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1.5 lbs summer squash (zucchini, patty pan, yellow, etc.)
1 20 oz pouch Bone Stock - Alpaca
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
Step by Step Instructions
- 1.Heat a Dutch oven or medium-sized heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Add the butter and/or olive oil.
- 2.When it is hot and shimmers, add the onions and garlic. Don't chop your garlic too small, you don't want to burn it.
- 3.Saute for 5 minutes or so while you slice the zucchini.
- 4.Slice all the zucchini into rounds and add to the pot.
- 5.Saute for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is fork tender.
- 6.Add the Alpaca Bone Stock, salt and pepper.
- 7.Continue to simmer another 10-15 minutes, until the zucchini is very soft.
- 8.Use an immersion blender to blend the soup. Or transfer the soup to a blender or food processor, leaving the tab at the top open to allow steam to escape. Hold a towel over the top so you don't spray yourself with hot liquid. Blend in batches if necessary. Pour the soup back into the pot.
- 9.Reheat the soup on medium heat if needed.
- 10.Garnish with cream, if desired.
Comments added by fellow market members.