This page does not have a description.
Recipes in Season (0)
All Recipes (16)
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Sweet and Savory Kale
Source: Submitted by Karen deLaubenfels (Entered by Nora Lea)
(I made ¼ of this recipe the first time in order to test it. It was so good that I ate it all at once!)
Serves: Serves 4-6
2 tablespoons of olive oil
½ medium onion – chopped
3 cloves garlic – minced
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon cider vinegar (I used more – add ½ tablespoon at a time to taste.)
1 ¼ cups of chicken stock
1 1-pound bag of kale (chopped kale without thick stem pieces)
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: 1/3 cup of sliced cranberries (I didn't use) ¼ cup of sliced almonds (I didn't use)
Step by Step Instructions
- In a large stock pot, heat olive oil on medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; saute until onion softens, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in mustard, sugar, cider vinegar and chicken stock.
- Add kale, cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Add (optional) cranberries.
- Continue cooking on medium high heat, stirring often. The liquid should reduce by about half and cranberries (if used) will get plump in about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with almonds, if desired.
Comments added by fellow market members.